Already Licensed in Another State?

Pesticide Applicator Reciprocal Agreements

The Texas Department of Agriculture has agreements to reciprocate pesticide applicator licenses with several states.  Applicators who apply for a reciprocal license with TDA must be current and in good standing in their home state.  Only commercial or noncommercial applicators may reciprocate.  Applicators must pass TDA’s laws and regulations exam and pay the required license fee. Commercial applicators must prove financial responsibility.  Applicators must have passed a similar category test in their originating state to be licensed in that category with TDA.  Commercial and noncommercial licenses are valid for a year from the date issued, and applicators must earn five continuing education units each year to keep the licenses current.

Visit the Texas Department of Agriculture’s site for more information – Agricultural


Structural Applicator Reciprocal Agreements

Texas does not have reciprocity with other states for their Structural license, however if you have held your Technician or applicator license in another state for at least a year, you can  get a letter of license verification from the issuing state to be eligible to sit for the Certified Applicator license in Texas.  For more information, visit the Structural licensing page.

Comments are closed.